Tuesday, October 05, 2004

I need drunk poet help!

My dear drunk and poetic friends,
In the massive amounts of spare time that I have had recently between managing a new winery (with only two employees other than myself), make wine, study wine at schoolcraft culinary school, write poetry (which of course is rocky lately), clean up and furnish my new apartment (it rocks, poets are welcome to get drunk and write there), organize and advertize the grand opening (a story in four newspapers, mass mailings, catering, ads in 5 papers, an appearence in support of a local politian (privately labeled wine too) and a television appearence on local cable for "Who's in the Kitchen?"), and of course trying to keep a social life (my goldfish and I love blockbuster movies and are thinking about buying an XBox!) I have taken on another new endevor.

I am starting a website about wine that targets young people. Of course there will be the stuff like reviews or wine and restaurants, wine tastings, general knowlege of wine etc etc etc. But i have a problem (other than the help i need drinking the 350 bottles of wine in my apartment, some that is rather old and needs to be drunk before is goes bad, and this boy don't have no dates to share it with): I NEED A NAME. Something wine-like but simple. Something fun but not goofy. Something sophisticated but not pretentious.

I am still working on the site, but when it is up i will send a link. until then, here is some inspiration that I aspire to:
http://www.jamieoliver.com/food/wine/
http://www.swirlwinenews.com/
http://www.avecrestaurant.com/index.php
http://www.750-ml.com/main.html

And the winner will of course recieve a free bottle of wine. (You may have to come and pick it up though. Mailing wine is a tricky ordeal.)

Peace, love, and wine,
Matt

1 Comments:

Blogger KTB said...

matt, i do like leahey's "early vintage" suggestion. i've been racking my brain (both to help a friend, and to help myself to that free bottle of wine...) and can't come up with anything. my attempt at helping: pull out a stack of your favorite poems. ones you've written, because they have the mood, the tone you're looking for. i know they do, i feel like this winery thing is meant for you. anyway, skim through some of your poems and see if there's a phrase, a word or two, something that can be the title. or maybe it will just prompt an idea for a title. either way, your answer might be tucked in there...

2:02 PM | Permalink  

Post a Comment

<< Home