Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Prompts

Matt's posting made me think...

We all could use some help in the "prompts" department. We haven't really been updating with material to read, critique, help with. Neither has there been much critiquing going on. We're all busy. Yeah. I'm just as guilty. However...

This is what I propose. Let's all go on a bender...

Okay. Now that that has sunk in... I'm actually half-serious. :) This is what I think we should do. As you are able- take some nights, get really really drunk, and then write! This will take some REAL self-control/mind power/discipline, I know... but... one night get drunk on wine. The next, get drunk on vodka... then whiskey... then maybe gin... and of course, beer at some point... keep a journal or log or whatever of what you write. Make sure you know what you wrote while drinking what. Then let the writing settle for a week (as well as your stomach's, livers, etc.). Then go back to it and see what happened. THEN... post! POST! POST! RESPOND! RESPOND! RESPOND!

It's kind of like getting an assignment in Jack's class... only much, much more "liberal arts." :) So? Who's in? I think I'm going to start on Monday night... Expect some phone calls :)

6 Comments:

Blogger KTB said...

i like drunk phone calls almost as much as drunk messages. maybe i just won't answer :)

12:05 PM | Permalink  
Blogger ziegenhagen said...

Now we're talking. It's about time someone kicked all your lazy asses in the pants and tried to put a little DRUNK back into the drunk poets. Come one ya'll, get drinking. And if you can, write while you are drunk. Who cares if it's shit, you were drunk when you wrote it, so you already have a great excuse. And if it's good, well then...Del, I love you brother...I will do my best to join your plan. I can promise the drunk bit, just not so sure I can promise the writing...but I will try. O lord will I try.

3:29 PM | Permalink  
Blogger One Drunken Poet said...

If we're going to do this right....Will there be any random hook ups?

1:11 AM | Permalink  
Blogger ziegenhagen said...

I most certainly hope so...

1:10 PM | Permalink  
Blogger KyleDel said...

ummmm... hello? why the hell else would we be doing this? great writing, great drukeness, and lots of random hookups.

1:46 PM | Permalink  
Blogger mer said...

Y'all up for a New York roadtrip??

9:43 PM | Permalink  

Post a Comment

<< Home