Friday, October 01, 2004

Hear ye! Hear ye, ya drunken skirvy poets!

So, I'm hoping this posts and that I've officially joined the site... FINALLY! Stupid f'ing computers and their stupid f'ing keeping me the f away from my f'in' friends. Whoa... I work for two churches! I have to stop f'ing swearing!

The purpose of this post, my first, is to extend an invitation, which will also be emailed soon as well (hopefully- *crossing fingers*). I, Kyle Delhagen, will be in Holland, Michigan from Tuesday the 19th of Oct., until noon on Thursday, the 21st of Oct. On Wednesday, October 20th, at approximately 9:30-10:00, the Drunk Poets Society will be convening at the location of the New Holland Brewery. We will officially start when we feel that everyone who is coming is there. We will end when they kick us out (or we'll just move to some place else!). You need to bring two things. A.) a stein B.) a poem you want looked at and worked on and will share with the group- plus copies for everyone. Please RSVP to Kyle at thisisliberaldel@hotmail.com by Oct. 18th. :)

I really hope to see as many of you as possible. I want to read your stuff. I want to hug you. I want to BE with you for even a brief time. Jack- you'd better show up! :) Hey all, let's get Myra to come out! :) This is something that will not happen often! Well, unless we make it happen! So show up! Let's see ya'll! I MISS YOU ALL SO FRIGGIN MUCH!

4 Comments:

Blogger Siddie said...

3 Cheers for Kyle's GREAT idea!!!

1:22 AM | Permalink  
Blogger ziegenhagen said...

DEL!!! I miss you man. I will do all I can to be there with you for the wonderful thing that is stein night. Until then...I don't know what this "stop swearing" business is all about. I don't support. But I still love ya...

2:11 AM | Permalink  
Blogger KTB said...

you know i'll be there... and poets, i'm taking my one free absence from poetry workshop and lit magazine class for the occasion. so you all better bring those poems and give me my money's worth. ;) del, can't wait to see ya. can't wait to see you ALL.

9:38 AM | Permalink  
Blogger *k maria** said...

Del, I have to be at school the next day at 7:00 a.m. but I will absolutely be at Stein night with all you wonderful people! Nothing could keep me away from all those hugs and poetry. Can't wait to see you! (miss you!) ahhh, just thinking about being with you, kate, will, and the rest of the DPS will get me through my first days of student teaching. :) Luv to you in NY, my friend!

11:17 AM | Permalink  

Post a Comment

<< Home