Friday, August 06, 2004

Kingsolver Quotation

"What keeps you going isn't some fine distination but just the road you're on and the fact that you know how to drive. You keep your eyes open, you see this damned-to-hell world you got born into, and you ask yourself, "What life can I live that will let me breathe in and out and love somebody or something and not run off screaming into the woods?" I didn't look down from some high cotton fields in Nicaraqua. These cotton fields chose me."

*Barbara Kingsolver, Animal Dreams*

anyone else asking that question?? :) just thought i'd throw it out there...

1 Comments:

Blogger KTB said...

Anyone else asking? How about every day of my life! "These cotton fields chose me"... oh how true. None of us chose to be poets, to love the written word. I discovered today as I was flipping through "In Style" magazine that I read the captions before I look at the pictures. Talk about lyric minded! And sometimes I think I will forever struggle with being an artist... a poet, a dancer, a dreamer who wants to quit the "real world" and just travel, live in the woods on a lake with the mountains and write write write... and most of the world will never understand that in me. (Good thing all you guys do!) But I didn't choose this cotton field, it chose me. So breathe in, breathe out, and love and keep driving. :)

12:28 AM | Permalink  

Post a Comment

<< Home